«Blue Fortune» - Organic Anise Hyssop Seeds (Agastache foeniculum)
Organic Anise Hyssop «Blue Fortune»
Agastache «Blue Fortune» is a top pick for gardeners! Its long flowering season, showy flower spikes, licorice-scented foliage, low maintenance, and deer tolerance are seductive reasons!
A crowd-pleaser that is also adored by bees, hummingbirds and butterflies!
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Displays lavender-blue spikes from midsummer to early fall, held over a dark green aromatic foliage which exudes an anise scent when crushed. You may want to use the leaves to flavor cold drinks.
- Forms clumps of erect, branched stems up to 2-3 feet tall (60-90 cm) and 18-24 in. wide (45-60 cm), which add lovely vertical lines to the landscape.
- Provides a bold visual impact in beds, borders, wildflower gardens, herb gardens, butterfly gardens or prairie gardens over a very long season.
- Ideal to add color in the late season garden when many other plants are fading.
- Creates a stunning effect when mixed with other perennials or planted en masse. Perfect for prairie plantings where it will self-seed and thrive without maintenance.
- Attracts streams of hummingbirds, butterflies and other beneficial pollinators.
- Easily grown in full sun, in average, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils. Good drainage is particularly important. Prefers alkaline soil, but will tolerate poor, acid conditions. This Agastache variety is more tolerant of cold winters and wet soils than other Agastaches.
- Drought, dry soil and heat tolerant once established.
- Generally disease and pest free (might occasionally be subject to powdery mildew) and resistant to deer and rabbits.
- Deadhead spent flowers to promote additional bloom. Agastache plants will easily self seed in good growing conditions.